5 Things: Blackwell in Studio, Marathon Quilters
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Marathon Quilters: Hopkinton's local quilt guild, Marathon Quilters, has focused their 2011-2012 charitable efforts on the Respite Center. Members worked together to create twin-sized quilts to donate to the Respite Center. The quilts will be on display at Waterfresh Farms for the month of September. Fabrics were donated by all guild members, and quilting services for several of the quilts were donated by Christine Meyers, of Dockside Quilting in Hopkinton. Members who contributed quilts to this project include Yvonne Powell, Janice Roberts, Tobi Hoffman, Linda Grant, Michelle Lenk, Cathleen Dinsmore, Becky MacDonald, Dawn Stewart, and Colleen Barnes. For more information, please visit the guild website, marathonquilters.com.
2. Best Tomatoes Around: MacArthur Farm in Holliston was recently recognized for their award winning tomatoes. The Geronimo Tomatoes were presented with the 6th place award for best slicing tomato in the 28th Annual Massachusetts Tomato Contest.
3. Hopkinton Road Closures: Today and tomorrow a paving contractor for the Town of Hopkinton will be placing the top and final course of asphalt on Church St, Church PL, Walcott St, Cedar St Ext and a portion of the St John’s Cemetery road weather pending. Expect the roads to be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., the contractor has said they will do everything possible to not delay busses and parents on the first day of school.
4. Blackwell in the Studio: Holliston High School students are working on creating their first studio album as school is beginning. The band played a show this summer at Goodwill Park during the summer concert series .
5. Rain Rain Go Away: Tonight and tomorrow it's going to drop some rain on all of you. Don't forget to bring the umbrella with you when you go out, and Hopkinton families be prepared for a wet first day of school. The sun should return Thursday and through the weekend.