5 Things: Wind Warning, Hillers vs. Panthers Soccer
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Donate Your Books: The Friends of the Hopkinton Public Library are asking you to help with their next fundraiser. Donate your gently loved books for their upcoming book sale. Donations can be brought to the library.
2. Parade Pictures Wanted: Celebrate Holliston is this weekend and it all stats with the town-wide parade. Editor Sean O'Donnell will be taking pictures but we want to see your pictures as well! There will be a photo gallery posted before the parade starts, and Sean will upload his pictures before noon. You can upload yours at anytime throughout the day.
3. Volunteers Needed: The Sharon Timlin Memorial Event thanks all of their sponsors and all of those who volunteered their time to make the event happen. Planning is underway for the 10th year and they are always looking for energetic volunteers interested in sharing their time and skills for this worthy cause. If you are interested in exciting volunteer opportunities with a great group of people, please contact Abbie Rosenberg at (508) 625-1660 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.This event couldn't happen without the support of so many here in the town of Hopkinton!!!
4. Holliston vs. Hopkinton Soccer: Today features a matchup between the towns' teams. The boys varsity teams play in Hopkinton at 3:30 p.m.: The girls play under the lights in Holliston at 6:45. If you're at either games add your photos to the fall sports gallery.
5. Strong Wind Warning: A strong cold front will bring the potential for damaging winds, heavy rainfall, and minor coastal flooding late Tuesday into Wednesday. Stay up to date with the latest forecast for the area at www.weather.gov/boston.