5 Things: Call for Art, Support A Holliston Actress
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Holliston Actress Needs Your Help: Dancing Arts Center alum Alexandra Adomaitis is working out in Los Angeles and needs your help. Adomaitis is working with Samantha Avery to write and star in a television pilot about “Two young struggling women from conflicting worlds join to face the forces of nature, the power of men, and the old wild west.” The women are trying to raise money to work on the script and film a teaser for Wilde Hearts. Help them out by donating and you can get a producer credit for the project.
2. Scouts Visit State House: From the office of Rep. Dykema. Representative Carolyn C. Dykema (D-Holliston) was pleased to welcome scouts from Hopkinton Boy Scout Troop 4 to the State House earlier this month. “One of the joys of being a legislator is the opportunity to help foster the next generation of engaged citizens,” Dykema said. “I had a wonderful time speaking with the scouts about the legislative process and the history of our Commonwealth.” During their visit, the five scouts and their chaperones, Scout Master Evan Lowell, and parent volunteers, Karen Protas, Walter Protas, and Sheila Warner took a tour of the State House building. Representative Dykema showed the group around the House chamber and led the scouts in a mock debate and vote on a pending bill from the seats of the legislators.
3. Submit Your Art: In the wake of new media such as installation, video and digital art, painting continues to thrive. Artists have extended the practice of painting considerably, exploring various styles, materials and methods. These include photo-realism, landscape, still-life, portraiture, abstract, neo-expressionism and more. The Hopkinton Center for the Arts is looking forward to showcasing the broad range of work that comprises contemporary painting in Fresh Visions: Painting Now. Zola Solamente, director of Arden Gallery, will be judging the show. More info can be found on the announcements page.
4. Back to School: The school year is coming up and Patch is here to help you. What do you need to know before the kids go back? Email Sean (email@example.com) and your questions will be answered as soon as possible. We already have some info posted on the Back to School page.
5. Weather: If you want to enjoy the sun today make sure to get out early. Weather.com says it’s going to start raining around 10 a.m. and continue until after dark. For the rest of the week morning clouds are expected to burn off yielding to sunny afternoons.