5 Things: Little League Champions, Total Water Ban
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Hopkinton Little League Champions: On Friday night the Hopkinton Little League Williamsport team took home the district 11 championship in Norwood. Congrats to the youngsters.
2. Total Water Ban: The Holliston Water Department has declared a TOTAL WATER BAN from Friday, July 13 through Monday, July 23 due to extremely low levels in the water storage tanks. A total water ban mean NO outside water use of any kind. Your cooperation is appreciated. Questions can be directed to the Holliston Water Department office at 508-429-0603 or to Water Superintendent Ron Sharpin (email@example.com).
3. Christmas in July: December is the biggest month of donations for Project Just Because , but the need remains all year. On July 25 the pantry will be holding a fundraiser to help bump up the possibilities during the summer months. Tickets cost $50 and include an open bar, appetizers, desserts and entertainment by Kathleen Regan. There will also be a silent auction that will include have jewelry, sports tickets and gift certificates.
4. Dodgeball on the Common: Remember that awesome game from elementary school? The Hopkinton Youth Commission will be hosting games today as part of their Hot Summer Night's program. The fun begins on the Town Common at 5 p.m. and will be over around 7 p.m. Pizza is included for all of the participants that stay the whole time. You can check out our video of the first Hot Summer Night and find out what the program is all about . Don't forget, it's free.
5. Weather: It's going to be another hot week in the MetroWest region. Temperatures will be hovering near 90 until Friday when a break is expected and temperatures will drop in to the more comfortable 70s.