5 Things: E-Books in Hopkinton, Warm Week Ahead
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Locals React to Sikh Shooting: Yesterday a shooter in Wisconsin killed six people during an attack on a Sikh temple. The shooter was killed by an officer when police responded to the scene. The priest and president from the Gurduara Sahib in Milford responded to the incident.
2. More E-Books in Hopkinton: Hopkinton Public Library is pleased to now offer access to a larger collection of e-books via Freading™ eBook Service. The good news is with your library card and PIN, e-books via Freading™ are simultaneously available to multiple patrons and there is absolutely no waiting! The library pays for the download cost and there is a monthly download limit per patron. You will be alerted when you reach your monthly limit. Freading™ has its own apps for your mobile devices, and is also compatible with Kindle Fire, Nook devices and Sony and Kobo Readers. Visit https://hopkintonlibrary.freading.com for more information and login to get started!
3. Fashion and the Olympics: This weekend we asked MetroWest readers to answer our poll about fashion controversies at The Olympics including Gabby Douglas' hair and the women's volleyball uniforms. What do you think about the conversations?
4. Medal Count: China took the lead in the overall medal count this weekend. They lead USA 61-60. They also have two more than our 28 golds. Over the weekend Michael Phelps competed in his last Olympic race (and won) gymnast McKayla Moroney flubbed a landing and ended with silver and the Williams sisters took gold in the tennis doubles.
5. Weather: The rain from yesterday should be out of here after today. Temperatures will remain in the upper 80s though, so stay cool and drink lots of water.