5 Things: More Streets Closed, Softball Champs
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Deutsche Bank Championship: The annual golf tournament in Norton tee's off today. Players in the tournament include Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson and Hopkinton High graduate Keegan Bradley. Bradley tees off just before 1 p.m.
2. Hopkinton Road Work: A contractor for the Town of Hopkinton will be working on raising structures on Friday Aug. 31 from approximately 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Church Street, Church Place, Walcott Street and Cedar Street Extension in preparation for placement of the top course of asphalt sometime next week. Please do not park on the sides of these roads during the construction hours as it may interfere with the needed work.
3. Softball Tournament Winners: The Holliston Red Hots softball team has won the state championship. The u-12 team competed in tournament action throughout the summer.
4. Labor Day: It's a long weekend and the last of summer. Are you doing anything special? Barbecues, vacations and more are a great way to send a beautiful summer. Be sure to take pictures and add them to the Pics and Clips section.
5. Weekend Weather: Temperatures could reach in to the 90s today but after that weather should stay in the 70s during the day. The sun will be out for the entire long weekend but look out for Tuesday; rain from the remnants of Hurricane Isaac could be reaching the area.