5 Things: New Hopkinton Business, Stranger Danger
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. First day of School in Hopkinton: Are you a parent or student in Hopkinton? Do you have some awesome pictures of the first day of school? Add them to the gallery and see how other town residents celebrated the first day of school.
2. Gelato in the winter?: Dolce Tempo has been open in Holliston for five months, but now the owner is trying to decide what to do for the winter. What do you think about gelato in the winter? Weigh in on the Dolce Tempo Facebook page to help the business out.
3. Crossfit Resilience Opens: Yesterday was the first day for business at Hopkinton's newest workout facility, Crossfit Resilience. Owner Drew Carnase spoke to the Board of Selectmen last night. "This is an amenity the community has needed for a long time," selectman John Mosher said.
4. Stranger Danger: Do you want to make sure your kid knows how to recognize and respond to a stranger? The radKIDS program is a 12-hour family centered safety education program. Find out more on the announcements page.
5. Add Events and Announcements: Many people have been emailing and asking how to post events and announcements on Patch so we've put together some easy to follow directions for you.
To post an announcement:
Create an account by clicking here.
Click here to create a new Announcement.
Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload"
Once you click "Post My Announcement" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your announcement.
To post an event:
Create an account by clicking here (you can use the same account).
Click here to create a new Event.
Make sure to add photos where it says "Choose file to upload"
Once you click "Post My Event" at the bottom, you will come to the page that features your event.
If you send the URL for any event or announcement to editor Sean O'Donnell (firstname.lastname@example.org) he will do his best to make sure your post gets featured on the site and here in 5 Things.