5 Things: Timlin Race Registration, Early Release Day
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Sharon Timlin Race Registration: Today is the absolute last day to register for the 2012 Sharon Timlin 5K to Support ALS Research. The race is being held Sunday at the High School and nearly all of the 1,800 spots are full. Don’t miss your chance to participate in this great community event.
2. Elmwood/Hopkins Assistant Principal: With Elmwood Principal Ilene Silver retiring at the end of this month, Elmwood/Hopkins Assistant Principal David Ljungberg will be taking over. Stepping up in to Ljungberg’s position will be Tim Kearnan who has taught at the Elmwood School for a decade. “Mr. Kearnan’s experience as an educator and former leader of the HTA have provided multiple perspectives from which he can draw upon to ensure his continued success in the Hopkinton Public Schools,” a press release from the schools said.
3. Elementary Half Day: Today is a half-day at the elementary schools in town. At the Center School there is no a.m. kindergarten and the p.m. students will be released at 12:55 p.m. with the first grade and full-day kindergarten students. The students at the Elmwood School will be released at 12:15 p.m. and students at the Hopkins School will be released at 12:55 p.m.
4. Look out for Parachutes: Because of the early release day, Sparks! Art Studio will be holding a class at 1:15 p.m. in which children will create colorful parachutes then watch them swoop to the ground. The event costs $30 per student.
5. Let’s Go Celtics!: Last night the Boston Celtics took the lead for the first time in their series against the Miami Heat. The Celtics lost the first two games in Miami before coming home to win two and taking the W 94-90 last night on the Heat’s home court. The next game will be June 7 in Boston when the Celtics can clinch the series and secure their spot in the NBA Finals.