5 Things To Do When The Kids Are Home
It's Yom Kippur which means Hopkinton and Holliston students are out of school for the day. Here are some things to do to keep the kids busy.
1. Go to the Park: The weather looks fine for most of the day, but morning showers and evening thunderstorms may put a damper on the day. If the sun stays out today may be one of the last chances you have to head to the State Park in Hopkinton or Stoddard Park in Holliston .
2. Apple Picking: If you're looking for something a little more seasonal, check out Highland Farm to pick your own apples. Here's a list of other places to pick your own apples.
3. Read a Book: Today could be a great day to read a book. Kids might have homework to do or maybe they even need to finish their summer reading. If you need to pick up something new both public libraries are open for business.
4. Go to a Museum: There are lots of cool museums nearby. Higgins Armory in Worcester, The MFA, Science and Children's Museums in Boston. Local libraries offer discounted passes to many museums.
5. Go to Temple: This one may seem obvious, but for those of you who are Jewish be sure to attend temple. We put together a list of places you can observe the holiday.