5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 26
Support Hopkinton Little League Tonight and tell us who should run with Mitt Romney.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Tonight at Cornell's Hopkinton Little League will be holding a fundraiser. Pick Your Number Night runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and you can choose your lucky number when you buy your $10,000 Draw ticket.
2. Are you interested in racing against other Hopkinton runners on a 5k? Sign up today for the Sharon Timlin Memorial 5k to help support ALS research and see if you can bring home the gold. The race will be held June 10 at Hopkinton Middle School.
3. Did you get a chance to vote in our poll about who Mitt Romney should pick as his running mate for the 2012 election? Nearly half of the people we've polled have an opinion about some of the candidates that were mentioned.
4. Have you been tested recently? April is STD awareness month and Hopkinton residents young and old are encouraged to find out of they may be carrying a disease that could impact their lives and the lives, many STDs don't even show symptoms.
5. Spring sports are in full swing. Today the Lacrosse teams are paying Westwood (boys home, girls away), the JV tennis teams are playing at Medfield, and the track teams will be competing against Bellingham at the High School.