5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 1
On Monday, we have a girls volleyball camp, a kids track meet and open gym at the High School.
- Holliston High girls volleyball coach Brian Gerard and the Holliston Recreation Department is running a girls volleyball camp from 9 a.m. to noon on August 1-5.
This program is for the beginner and intermediate volleyball player. Players will learn the basics of serving, passing, hitting and setting with drills and controlled scrimmages to improve skills and build confidence.
The cost of the camp is $90. Click this link for registration information.
- Holliston High School will host open gym for boys and girls in grades 2-8 from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Swing by the Holliston Public Library from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for Arts and Crafts Drop-In Day.
The event, which is being held in the Gilman Room on the lower level, is open to all ages. Participants are encouraged to come at any time.
For more information, contact the Library at 508-429-0617.
- The fourth in a weekly Monday series of Kids Track Meets will be held at 6 p.m. on July 11.
Kids three years old and up can participate in 50-meter, 100-meter, 200-meter and 400-meter races and a 4x100-meter relay.
The costs is $1 to participate. Registration starts at 5:30 p.m. and the races start at 6 p.m. Ribbons will be awarded to the top three finishers in each race.
The weekly races will take place on Mondays until Aug. 8.
For more information, contact Paul Mangan at 508-429-1533, or Mike Tyman at 508-429-1215.
- Prana Center director Roberta Weiner will hold one of her biweekly yoga sessions from 11 a.m. to noon on Monday at the Holliston Senior Center.
Weiner has practiced yoga since the 1970s and is certified by the Kripalu Institute for Yoga & Health.
In addition to keeping muscles limber and increasing energy, yoga can also boost circulation, improve quality of sleep and lower stress.
The sessions are open to all seniors, including beginners, and a $3 donation is requested. This program is partially funded through a federal grant from BayPath Elder Services.