5 Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 2
Christmas is arriving in Hopkinton this weekend.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. The premiere of the Middle School play, New England Song, is tonight at 7. The play is a celebration of New England heritage and features a cast and crew of nearly 150 students. Tickets are available at the door and cost $8 for students and seniors, and $10 for adults. With a donation to Project Just Because's New Toy/New Book program, there is a $2 discount.
2. If you want to see a play and you're already in the holiday spirit, Enter Stage Left will perform A Christmas Carol tonight. This winter classic will be at 7 p.m. at the Hopkinton Historical Society.
3. Santa Claus will be in town this weekend! The Christmas spirit is in full swing at Weston Nurseries already, and Santa will be paying a visit Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and again from 1 to 3 p.m.
Weston Nurseries will also have Tone Deft Jr. performing on Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m.
4. Saturday night is the annual Caroling on the Common. The evening will feature caroling at 4 p.m. and the tree lighting. Santa and Mrs. Claus will also attend. Don't forget to bring winter garments to donate to those in need.
5. With December here, winter weather won't be far behind. The Hopkinton Post Office is asking customers to remove snow and ice from around their mailboxes and walkways. Postmaster Carl Zagame said letter carriers are especially prone to slips, trips and falls during the winter and a clear path will not only help keep them safe, but help make sure mail is delivered efficiently.