5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 4
Girl Scout registration, shoe donation and greyhound adoption today in 5 Things.
Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. College Graduation: Friday night was graduation for Hopkinton’s senior class at the High School, but don’t forget that most high school grads head on to college. We have an ever-growing list of Hopkinton students that have graduated from college this spring. If your son or daughter isn’t on the list be sure to add them in the comments.
2. Recycle Old Shoes at the Schools: Hopkinton Public Schools has partnered with Rerun Shoes www.rerunshoes.com to recycle your old shoes for reuse in sub-Saharan Africa. For every pound of shoes YOU DONATE, Rerun Shoes will DONATE 45 cents to the Sharon Timlin 5K Race and the Angel Fund. Drop-off centers are located in every school and at Hillers Cleaners.
Don't forget to sign up for the race itself if you haven't done so yet. Only a few spots remain and registration closes Wednesday night.
3. Girl Scout Registration: Last week Amy Ritterbusch posted a blog about Boy Scouts, but we celebrate both genders on Patch. Girl Scout registration is taking place today from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Hopkinton Public Library.
4. Pet of the Week: This week’s featured pet is Sebastian. Sebastian is an outgoing brindle boy that loves attention and to nuzzle into you. He's very interested in everything around him and loves going out for walks. He is a sweet gentleman that walks politely on leash. Sebastian would make a lovely family pet. He does well with children as well as other dogs. You can find info on Sebastian and other dogs on the Greyhound Friends Inc. website.
5. Weather: It looks like temperatures in the 60's and rain for most of the week. Hopefully you got out and enjoyed some of the sun over the weekend.