With the Boston Marathon coming up a week from today we’ve put together a list of important dates and times to remember around Hopkinton. If you think there’s anything we’ve left off the list leave a comment and we’ll add it.
Thursday, April 12
10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The Kenyan runners visit the Elmwood School.
5 p.m., Cambridge MA. The Easter Seal’s will be holding their Ready, Set, Go! event where Hopkinton Painter Dustin Neece will premier his painting of Team Hoyt.
Friday, April 13
5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Pasta supper fundraiser for the 300th Anniversary Celebration. Some of the pioneering women runners from the first races will be in attendance at St. John's.
Saturday, April 14
Noon to 6 p.m. Hopkinton Town Common, sponsored by the Downtown Revitalization Committee:
- 12 to 2: High school performers, including Olivia and Michael Spector, Haley Batchelder, Colin Shea, and Charlotte Berking.
- 2 to 3: Amanda Maffei.
- 3 to 4: Barbara Kessler.
- 4 to 6: Steve Spector’s band Hot Acoustics.
Sunday, April 15
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hopkinton Town Common, sponsored by the Downtown Revitalization Committee:
- 10 to 10:30: Liane Blynn of ABT Training: Clinic.
- 10:30 to 11: Dr. Jason Mavor: Clinic.
- 11 to Noon High school performers, including Emilia Antonaides and Shae Feather.
- Noon to 12:30: Aidan Connolly’s Band.
- 12:30 to 1:30: Global Music Circle, including Junko Ogawa, Ellen Schmidt, Carolyn Waters, and Debora Rocha.
- 1:30 to 2:30: Shayne Holland’s band SHB;
- 2:30 to 4: Kyle Joseph’s band Take Care.
Noon to 4 p.m. Hopkinton Public Library’s HAA Marathon Exhibit. The runners helping support the Public Library Foundation and the Friends of the Library will also be there
11:59 p.m. Join members of the Boston Society of Spontaneity as they ride the marathon course from Hopkinton to Boston on bicycles. The ride takes a couple hours and the Commuter Rail doesn’t run that late so be prepared to call someone for a ride back to town.
Monday, April 16 Marathon Day
9 a.m. Mobility Impaired Participants Start
9:17 a.m. Push-Rim Wheelchair Division Start
9:22 a.m. Handcycle Participants Start
9:32 a.m. Elite Women’s Start
10 a.m. Elite Men’s Start & Wave One
10:20 a.m. Wave Two
10:40 a.m. Wave Three
For all of our marathon coverage check out our 2012 Boston Marathon topic page. It has all of our runner features and any other information we've posted about the marathon in one convenient place.