Holliston and Hopkinton have encouraged residents to trick or treat tonight, but be careful. Here are some tips for everyone tonight.
- Be Seen: Brighten up your costume by adding reflective tape, which can be found at craft or sporting goods stores. Also remember glow sticks can add an awesome effect and parents can hold flashlights.
- Watch Your Step: Tree branches are all over the place from the storm. The roads and sidewalks are generally clear but that doesn't mean there isn't something that will trip you up.
- Stay on the Sidewalks: Keep to the inside of the sidewalk and away from the curb or edge. Cross streets at the designated crosswalk crossing. If a crosswalk is unavailable, cross at an intersection.
- Travel in Groups: More people means more visibility.
- Check Your Treats: We hope no one in town is out there trying to hurt you, but you can never be too safe. Don't eat any treats that aren't wrapped from a factory.
- Call for Help: If you need anything, don't hesitate to call the Holliston Police Department or Hopkinton Police Department. Both departments have non-emergency numbers that will garner you an appropriate response and an officer if necessary.
Don’t forget to have fun but celebrate safely. How many times a year do you get to dress up in a costume and go door to door showing yourself off?