The following article is written by Guest Blogger and Brick House Realty Agent Paula Mark:
Do you want to change your home's curb appeal?
There are several ways to do just that, namely lighting, driveways, paths and garages and the exterior condition of paint or siding:
- When working with landscaping, you should identify with your home’s style and incorporate that theme into your landscape. Trees, potted plants, well-placed shrubs and neatly-cut grass help showcase your home. A water feature is a nice accent as well and there are many easy-to-maintain options out there.
- Lighting is one of the easiest ways to add appeal and change the look of your property at night. Not only does it add security to your home, but the right lighting can accent and draw attention to the items that you want to be focal points.
- Resurfacing old driveways, or even replacing them with a woven stone pattern can really change the curb appeal. Stone walkways instead of grass add a nice touch. Also, updating old, worn-out garage doors have a huge impact on the exterior appeal of your home.
- The exterior condition of the paint or siding of your home is important as well. Does it need washing or re-painting? Choosing paint colors is very important since using colors of the same hue can add dimension to a house and give it the “wow” factor that you are looking for.
- There are several other simple ways to add curb appeal from new doors, to shutters, all the way to a new doormat.
If you’re considering these types of changes to your home, consider speaking with your local real estate agents. They can recommend professional contractors for exactly these types of issues.