What We Learned on Patch This Week
We learned there is a world-class chiropractor living in Holliston, and that residents are polarized on the issue of a nearby casino.
1. A local chiropractor is among the elite when it comes to treating athletes. He will travel to Mexico to give care to competitors in the Pan American games this weekend, and hopes to bring added recognition to his profession in the process.
2. Holliston residents know a little something about world news. When I asked around Pejamajo Cafe about how people were feeling about Mohmar Gadhafi's capture and execution, they had something to say.
3. The Harlem Wizards came to Holliston, entertaining the crowd with on-the-court antics and dunk after dunk. Playing against a crack team of Holliston residents, the event was fun for the whole family. Over $3,000 was raised for rennovations to the Miller school playground.
4. With State legislation allowing casinos to be built in Massachusetts days from becoming law, Holliston residents sounded off in the comments section to discuss a potential casino in Milford.
5. Residents participated in a walk to fight breast cancer. The event had over 350 participants, raising over $40,000 for the cause.