At the end of the day, with an infant and two other small children, there are certain chores that I am so grateful their father takes care of!
10. Killing the spiders and moving the snakes! I know that they are tiny compared to me and pose little threat but somehow they freak me out anyway and I really appreciate when someone else gets rid of them!
9. Mowing the lawn. Pushing that mower around on a hot day with gas fumes blowing in my face is less than fun for me, so thank you for doing it every week.
8. Playing Daddy monster! I hear the roars of a monster and the shrieks of delight as children scatter. It is an all-time favorite in our house and a job I do not have a natural propensity or a desire for.
7. Being a horse for the kids. “Can I ride on you?” I must hear my 4 year old ask my husband 10 times a day. He almost always says yes!
6. Holding the baby while she cries! She has been fed, rocked and cajoled but still she won’t fall asleep. I have the hardest time doing it even though I know sometimes babies just need to cry.
5. Unclogging the disposal. It is a gross job, there are bits of disgusting food in a tiny hand wrenching space. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
4. Taking the kids for a bike ride. They almost always disappear for an hour as they ride their bikes and investigate streams. It is an hour in the day that I cherish.
3. Shoveling and snow-blowing the driveway! It seems far away now but when that winter wind blows I am so glad to be in the house making the hot cocoa instead of outside shoveling the snow.
2. Giving me a hug on a hard day. Some days with children are incredibly difficult, as all parents know, and at the end of one I am so thankful for a bit of comfort.
1. Going to work every morning and then coming home every night. I know we all do it but that doesn’t mean it is always easy, so thank you for making a choice to support and love your family.