The divisional round of the NFL playoffs begins this weekend in Denver when the Broncos host the Baltimore Ravens at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Locally, the New England Patriots host the Houston Texans Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Kick-off in Foxborough is scheduled for 4:30 p.m.
Patriots fans hoping for another AFC Championship game in Foxborough will be tuning in Saturday to cheer on the Ravens against Peyton Manning and the Broncos while fans wanting to see a Brady-Manning showdown with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line will be favoring the Broncos Saturday.
Of course, in either scenario, the Patriots need to knock off the Houston Texans Sunday to advance.
On the NFC side of the playoff bracket, the Green Bay Packers travel to San Francisco to play the 49ers Saturday night (kick-off is 8 p.m.). On Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks take on the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta (kick-off is 1 p.m.) prior to the Patriots-Texans showdown at 4:30 p.m.
Winners of divisional round weekend will move one step closer to playing in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on Sunday, Feb. 3.
Click here for a complete look at the NFL playoff schedule.
If you plan to tune in locally to this weekend’s playoff action then stop by one of these places in the MetroWest area to watch the game(s):
- PiNZ in Milford: What's better than watching your team win? Watching your team win while bowling. Pizza and beer at the bowling alley and giant projector screens at the end of each lane make the game even better.
- Casey's Crossing in Holliston: The building might look like a railroad stop, but the inside is full of TV's and a tables. Theres plenty of room for Holliston residents to swing by and enjoy some football.
- JJ's Sports Bar in Northborough: Located on Route 9 on the Northborough / Shrewsbury line, JJ's has two rooms full of tables and TVs. The staff at the sports bar knows how to make your football expetience great.
- Angry Ham's Bar in Framingham: the bar has a "manly" garage feel and what's more manly than football? Nothing. You can watch every collision and point at Angry Ham's.
- Lazy Dog in Marlborough: The TVs and the microbrews make Lazy Dog an attraction in Marlborough, people also like their vegetarian options.
AFC and NFC Divisional Round Games
- Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos (4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on CBS)
- Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers (8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on FOX)
- Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons (1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on FOX)
- Houston Texans at New England Patriots (4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on CBS)