1. Walk the Walk: 5-year-old Christian Wheeler of Hopkinton has been picked as one of the . Wheeler was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in June of 2010 and is being treated at Dana-Farber’s Jimmy Fund Clinic.
2. Hopkinton Little League Games Delayed: Did you notice the thunderstorms in the area last night? Little league baseball did and they decided to postpone all of the playoff games for a week. The games have all been pushed back a day.
3. Holliston Water Ban Reduced: As of today, the is lifting the emergency Total Water Ban that was established on Friday, July 13th. We are returning to the Mandatory Water Ban that was implemented on May 1st allowing non-essential outside water use, outside restricted hours of 9AM-5PM on Tuesday and Thursday for even house numbers and Wednesday and Friday for odd house numbers. Hand-held water use is permitted everyday outside the restricted hours of 9AM-5PM. Details can be found on the Water Department's Town site, townofholliston.us Questions should be addressed to the Water Department at 508-429-0603.
4. Landman Settlement Agreement Released: Educate Hopkinton has obtained a copy of the agreement between the and former Superintendent Jonathan Landman, which details the payments, and legal impacts of his departure. You can read a full copy of the agreement on the Educate Hopkinton website.
5. Snappy Dog of the Week: This weeks dog will be called Eat A Peach. It will be a grilled topped with pickled, crumbled goat cheese, arugula and bacon.