1. Cultural Council Grants: Are you a member of a Hopkinton group that needs funding for your cultural programs? You can request funds from the Cultural Council grants program.
2. Voter Registration: The state and federal election is just more than a month away; are you registered to vote? Keep in mind that if you have not filled out all the necessary town survey paperwork you may have become an inactive voter. To find out the status of your voter registration, stop by your Town Clerk's Office before Oct. 17 (the last day to register). While the election is on your mind also check out our election guide page .
3. Support the Hopkinton 300 Celebration: The Town of Hopkinton has been around for nearly 300 years and folks are working on organizing a big celebration. Right now they are working on raising funds for the celebration by selling various commemorative items including the set of commemorative coins (pictured). Email email@example.com to order or to find out other ways you can get involved.
4. Walk Against Breast Cancer: In case you haven't seen the signs around Holliston, the 10th Annual Walk Against Cancer will be taking place in town on Oct. 14. Tonight the Board of Selectmen will discuss the event at their meeting. What other ways do you support breast cancer research? Tell us in the comments.
5. Count Us In: Patch is undertaking a new initiative called Count Us In and we want everyone to be a part of it. Do you know a person or group in the community that gives back through fundraising, or other means? Share your thoughts and see what others have said on the Count Us In story page .