1. Hopkinton Little League Champions: On Friday night the Hopkinton Little League Williamsport team took home the district 11 championship in Norwood. Congrats to the youngsters.
2. Total Water Ban: The has declared a TOTAL WATER BAN from Friday, July 13 through Monday, July 23 due to extremely low levels in the water storage tanks. A total water ban mean NO outside water use of any kind. Your cooperation is appreciated. Questions can be directed to the Holliston Water Department office at 508-429-0603 or to Water Superintendent Ron Sharpin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Christmas in July: December is the biggest month of donations for , but the need remains all year. On July 25 the pantry will be holding a fundraiser to help bump up the possibilities during the summer months. Tickets cost $50 and include an open bar, appetizers, desserts and entertainment by Kathleen Regan. There will also be a silent auction that will include have jewelry, sports tickets and gift certificates.
4. Dodgeball on the Common: Remember that awesome game from elementary school? The Hopkinton Youth Commission will be hosting games today as part of their program. The fun begins on the at 5 p.m. and will be over around 7 p.m. Pizza is included for all of the participants that stay the whole time. You can. Don't forget, it's free.
5. Weather: It's going to be another hot week in the MetroWest region. Temperatures will be hovering near 90 until Friday when a break is expected and temperatures will drop in to the more comfortable 70s.