1. World Vegetarians Day: Did you know there is a day to celebrate the vegetarian awareness month? According to the North American Vegetarian Society the day was created to "promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism."
2. Network of Enterprising Women: Jen Vondenbrink will share how Pinterest works, strategies on how to use Pinterest for your business and next action steps you can take if you want to use Pinterest as a marketing tool for your business. If you're a businesswoman stop by Faith Community Church at 8:15 a.m. to learn about how Pinterest can help you grow your business.
3. Mangia Pizza: are you tired of the same pizza joints in Holliston? Mangia Pizza will be opening in the former home of C&R Hot Dogs . A Mangia restaurant opened in Hopkinton earlier this year and the reviews are great.
4. Holliston Newcomers Fair: The Holliston Newcomers Club continues to accept applications for its upcoming craft fair being held Nov. 18, at the Holliston High School. The Craft Fair will be open 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
5. Banned Books Week: It seems like there's a week for everything, but banned books week may be one of our favorites at Patch. If you've read Catch 22, The Scarlett Letter or To Kill a Mockingbird you've read one of the books on the list. Look for a story about banned books on the site later today.