5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 22
1. The heat remains on and so do restrictions on outdoor watering. The Holliston has banned non-essential outdoor watering--that means watering your lawn or washing your car--from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can water your garden, but do it early or late.
2. What’s cuter than kids and dogs? How about kids and a dog that really helps people? will be the special guest at the Friday storytime starting at 10:30 a.m. in the children’s room at the (air-conditioned) Holliston Public Library.
3. Has the heat made the week seem longer than usual? Begin the unwinding process by stopping by a complimentary wine tasting at , 76 Central St, Holliston, MA. Tastings run from 5:30 to 7:30.
4. This weekend, you can help support the Holliston Upper Charles Trail and satisfy your cravings for barbecue at the same time. That’s because John McCarthy, proprietor of , Railroad St., Holliston, is sponsoring a pig roast, with half the proceeds going to the trail. It starts at 4:30 p.m. Don’t you just love multi-tasking?
5. Maybe you can swing by the pig roast after cleaning out all that household hazardous waste in your garage or basement. The annual collection day takes place Saturday, July 23 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Robert H. Adams Middle School. Click here for a list of acceptable items.