1. According to NStar, fewer than 400 Holliston customers remained without electric service by late Thursday afternoon. The utility continues to say that 10 p.m. this very day is when everyone will have their energy back. How will you celebrate?
2. The town's Marshall St. recycling center is open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday during the same hours. The town reminds you that brush is the only item being accepted.
3. There's no school for students today, as students get back into the swing of things slowly, with a three-day week followed by a four-day week thanks to Labor Day on Monday. Then it's back to the grind for real.
4. Friday is your last chance to nominate a Holliston resident for . The nomination form is one click away.
5. Plenty to do around town to kick off the long weekend that traditionally heralds the end of summer. The Joey Larracey Bowl--a pre-season football scrimmage pitting the HHS Panthers against Framinghan High School with all gate receipts benefitting a scholarship fund named in the honor of a former player--kicks off at Holliston High School at 7 p.m. And at 8 p.m., the offers acoustic country and alternative rock balladry from the duo known as Stanberry.