1. The big story this week was about the Downtown Initiative Steering Committee and their . On a poll that we posted Thursday we has 60 responses so far and it appears the town is split down the middle. How do you feel about the plan? There’s still time to respond and discuss your feelings in the comments before the Thursday, on the topic.
2. This week we featured a heartwarming story about a from . The video was one of the most popular videos this year we heard a ton of great feedback in emails about it.
3. While the Republican presidential race is heating up, . Two Hopkinton residents have announced that they will be running for seats. , the current chairman of the board, announced his campaign on Tuesday. The following day announced her candidacy. As of now no one has announced that they are running for either of the open seats on the .
4. It’s almost the middle of February and we haven’t come anywhere near having a major snow event since Halloween. On Friday we posted , but that didn’t happen. We’re starting to feel like the buy who cried wolf, this is at least the third time we’ve had this happen this winter. Maybe it’s not a bad thing though.
5. On Sunday for the third year in a row. Congratulations to all of the swimmers.