Cormier's Self Defense Academy
Founded in 1987, Cormier's Self Defense Academy specializes in karate, jujitsu, and judo instruction. It offers classes to all ages and uses colored belts as a ranking system.
Shihan Jim Cormier is the head instructor and a World Martial Arts Hall of Fame Member. More information about him and the facility's services can be found on its Cormier's Self Defense Academy website.
- Hours: Monday: 4 to 9 p.m.; Tuesday: 5 to 9:45 p.m.; Wednesday: 3:30 to 8 p.m.; Thursday: 5 to 9:45 p.m.; Friday: 3:30 to 8 p.m.; Saturday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of classes/week: 22
- Average class size: 15
- Number of instructors: 5
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 50-50
- Type: Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Karate
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: Yes