Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Are you going to the carnival at Holliston High tonight?
1. Today is the first day of the annual Lions Club carnival. From 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. tonight as well as tomorrow night, the carnival wil be set up in the Holliston High School parking lot. Check out our article with all the details. 2. Sadly, I am leaving Holliston Patch after 8 months here. My goodbye note has some information on my future plans at Natick Patch and the details on this site's merger with Hopkinton. 3. It's open mic night at Pejamajo Cafe. Stop by to showcase your talent or hear the rising stars of MetroWest. 4. The Board of Selectmen meet in room 105 of the Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. today. 5. While this is my last day at Holliston Patch, I hope we keep in touch. Feel free to email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org …
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Where is your favorite pizza place in town? How about your favorite ice cream shop? We want you to tell us where the best places that Holliston has to offer are.
1. We're still looking for nominations for our Readers' Choice series. If you have a favorite business in town you think deserves some recognition, nominate them for a great award. 2. Today is the first day of Gymnastics Camp at Shen's Gymnastics. A half-day of trampoline-bouncing and water-sliding costs $39 and a full day costs $65. 3. Holliston's VFW hosts ZUMBA Fitness Class at 7:30 p.m. today. Newcomers can dance to fitness for free in a class that is ordinarilly $10. 4. The Board of Assessors and Finance Committe meet in room 105 of the Town Hall today at 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. respectively. 5. Have you subscribed to our newsletter? It's a great way to get all the latest news and breaking stories straight to your email inbox.
Monday, June 25, 2012
Have you taken the kids to Goodwill Park yet?
1. Goodwill Park opened to the public after months of construction. Take the kids there for some summer vacation fun. 2. The Police Department hosted a fundraiser on Saturday to benefit their K9 unit. Check out our photos from the event. 3. We are still looking for nominations for our Readers' Choice series. If you have a favorite spot in town, nominate them for our award and have them be recognised. 4. The Board of Selectmen meet in room 105 of the Town Hall at 7 a.m. this morning. 5. "Like" us on Facebook, become a part of our online community and join the conversation happening there.
Friday, June 22, 2012
The Police Department hopes to complete its fundraising efforts for its K9 unit today.
1. The Police Department will host a motorcycle cruise to fundraise for their K9 unit on Saturday. Officers hope this event could be the last fund raising event as the department's goal is in sight. 2. Looking for some exercise? Head to the The Prana Center tomorrow for Slow Flow Yoga, a class that is easy for beginners to grasp and slowly paced for those prone to injury. 3. The Holliston Fire Department hosts overeaters anonymous today for those suffering from bulimia, anorexia and overeating. 4. Our editor will be moving to take over Natick Patch on Thursday. If you want to stay on top of what he is up to, check out the Natick Patch site or follow him on Twitter. 5. Have something to say about town? Become a blogger on Holliston …
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Temperatures today could reach 100 degrees.
1. Today is supposed to be a scorcher with temperatures possibly hitting 100 degrees. Check out our post on keeping cool in what the National Weather Service is calling "extreme weather." 2. Looking for a great meal at a discount? Head to Pejamajo Cafe for Half Price Burgers. 3. Enjoy the sunshine today; it's the summer solstice – the longest day of the year. 4. The Water Commission and Zoning Board meet at 7 p.m. in rooms 105 and 14 of the Town Hall respectively. 5. Do you tweet? Follow us on Twitter to get all the latest updates and breaking news alerts in Holliston.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Need some help with your college essay? Head to a writing workshop at Christ the King Lutheran Church.
1. Summer is a great time to get your college essay out of the way, and Christ The King Lutheran Church is hosting classes today to help you out. Stop by at 9 a.m. for an essay workshop and draft editing. 2. Athletic Based Training continues its Summer Shape Up Weight Loss Challenge today at 6 p.m. where you can learn to shed weight and and get a crash course in eating healthy. 3. The Board of Assessors and Finance Committee meet in room 105 of the Town Hall today at 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. respectively. 4. Stop by Holliston's VFW today for a Zumba class starting at 7:30 p.m. The class is $10 for returning attendees and free for newcomers. 5. "Like" us on Facebook, become a part of our online community and join the conversation happening …
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
If you need help with your college essay, Christ The King Lutheran Church is having a workshop to help you out.
1. High School students: if you need some help writing your college essay, sign up for a writing workshop at Christ The King Lutheran Church by calling Joanne Apesos at 508-429-8470. 2. Stretch yourself to health today with Vinyasa Yoga at The Prana Center at 6 a.m. 3. If you're looking for a great meal at a discount today, head to Pejamajo Cafe for Half Price Burgers. 4. The Board of Selectmen will meet today at 7:30 p.m. in room 105 of the Town Hall. 5. Do you follow us on Twitter? It's a great way to get the latest stories and breaking news in Holliston.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Have you been to the Senior Center to see the traveling memorial yet?
1. A traveling memorial to those killed in Afghanistan and Iraq is in Holliston this week. Stop by the Senor Center before June 15 to see the memorial. 2. We filmed Sarah Gallagher, a 13-year-old cancer survivor walking the Relay for Life on Saturday. Check out our video on her amazing story. 3. Art360 hosts Studio Time today where you can bring supplies down to the Woodland Street location to work on projects with fellow artists. 4. The Board of Assessors meets in room 105 of the Town hall at 8 a.m. today. 5. "Like" us on Facebook, become a part of our online community and join the conversation happening there.
Monday, June 11, 2012
Learn about how to prevent concussions today at a panel discussion at the High School.
1. A panel discussion provided by ImPact at the High School will educate attendees on the effects of concussions and how to prevent them. The event begins at 7 p.m. 2. A triathlon through Holliston brought racers and residents to Stoddard Park yesterday. Check out our photos from the event. 3. The Senior Center is providing a lunch catered by the Fairview at Pinecrest today with chicken marsala and tomato corn chowder on the menu. 4. Bring the kids down to Shen's Gymnastics today for Open Gym Hour where children can climb ropes, jump on trampolines and use the zipline for $8. 5. Subscribe to our Newsletter to get all the latest stories and breaking news in Holliston straight to your email inbox.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Kids fight cancer this weekend at the Relay for Life.
1. The Ashland/Holliston Relay for Life kicks off at noon on Saturday at the Ashland Middle School. Come down to support local kids and their effort to raise funds for cancer research. 2. A triathlon hosted by the Holliston Lion's Club starts at 8 a.m. on Sunday. If you want to participate, you can still register on race day. 3. A traveling memorial dedicated to soldiers killed in Iraq an Afghanistan will make its way into Holliston on Saturday with opening ceremonies starting at 3 p.m. at the Senior Center. 4. The Cosmic Sister is hosting a flea market on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. where artwork and vintage finds will be for sale. Vendors are welcome. 5. Have you ever wanted to blog for Patch? Send our editor an email at justin.…